Is anyone familiar with Osceola NV

Hi my name is Aaron and I am new to this forum.

I was hoping that somone might have information on where you can go around Osceola NV to pan and maybe use a drywasher?

I am wondering if this area would be worth a trip. I have a USGS Topo of this area and from the BLM site it looks like a good portion is claimed.

Thanks for your help

Aaron

Hey Dakota, thanks for replying and for the information on finding water.

Its was good to here from someone who knows about this place because from the

USGS topo, I would have thought there would be water running down some

of those canyons just based on the elevation of some of the nearby peaks.

Maybe I will look more north towards Wendover. I am trying to find a place

that is fairly close to where I live so that I could take my family for a weekend and

maybe find a few pieces.

Anyway, thanks again

Aaron

whats4supper:

The "H" location is Hogum. There are other placer locations around there as well.

There is little free water on the surface, but some locations with decent nugget shooting.

That high elevation country and a lot of snow likely still out there this time of year.

Chris

The nugget shooting is supposed to be better on the east side of the mtn range, on the other side where most of the mining was done there is more overburden. Still lots of claims though and overburden on the east side.

so let me get this straight RexB, are you saying the gold area is a two-way street?

On the east side of O, or the east side of the mountain, over by the baker side. There also happens to be an old miner town on top of the peak in the NP. The rangers won't give directions but I was there once before it was a NP. there's also a lake up there by the old miner camp.

so let me get this straight RexB, are you saying the gold area is a two-way street?

On the east side of O, or the east side of the mountain, over by the baker side. There also happens to be an old miner town on top of the peak in the NP. The rangers won't give directions but I was there once before it was a NP. there's also a lake up there by the old miner camp.

whats4supper,

The area I'm referring to is the stretch between Osceola proper and the camping area with leen-toos just off of the highway. The stretch on the Osceola dirt road between there is supposed to be nuggetshooting territory. There are claims, so one has to be mindful of that, I've never found anything yet out there. The area you're mentioning sounds interesting, I wondered if there was anything worth exploring further up in the mountains.

Rex