Don't send Ken Pitcher Money

I received the following email: I confirmed with Ken's wife that he is fine and somewhere in Alaska on a metal detecting trip. Apparently, someone has access to his email account, knows who is in his address book, and knows that he is out of town and not able to see any emails that come to him for two weeks. This person is apparently hoping that enough of his friends will send money to England before he gets back to see that his friends have been fleeced. His wife is going to try and access his email account so she can get a list of people in his address book and warn them. In the mean time spread this around on various forums so this ARSEHOLE in England gets nothing for his/her efforrts.

Emergency!Thursday, May 21, 2009 11:04 AM

From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"Ken Pitcher" <kwpitcher@yahoo.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: kwpitcher@yahoo.comHi, How are you doing today? I am sorry i didn't inform you about my traveling to UK, but It has been a very sad and bad moment for me over here and the present condition that i found myself is very hard for me to explain, am really stranded in UK because i forgot my little bag in the Taxi where my money, documents and other valuable things were kept on my way to the Hotel am staying, I am facing a hard time here because i have no money on me to clear my Hotel bill, you are the only person i could reach at this point, i already spoke to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively. I have limited access to emails for now because i dont have money to go online here, i need you to help me out with a sum of $2,500 or any amount you can afford for now so i can pay the hotel bills, I need this help so much and on time because i am in a terrible and tight situation here, I don't even have money to feed myself for a day which means i had been starving so please understand how terrible it is.

Use the information below to send the funds

Name:Ken Pitcher

ADDRESS:16 Leinster Square,

CITY:Bayswater, London

ZIPCODE:W2 4PR

• Admin

Hey Doc,

I also received the same email and was curious where the hell Ken P. was. The last time I heard he was heading to Alaska like you stated.

I'm sending a big bag of shit to the address that was enclosed in the scam email! :o

Thanks for the heads up.

Rob Allison

Rob Send him a dollar bill write on the front of it: WERE ON TO YOUR SCAM, send it over night, the "FEAR" of arrest should get his attention if you know what I mean. no harm done. Take care AzNuggetBob

This scam has been called the "Facebook Scam" because the crims are using details from Facebook to contact others in their friends list. They then claim to be ain another country and on vacation, depserate to recoup "lost money" after being "Stranded or robbed" in the foreign country. They're probably from Nigeria as the Nigerians have been prone to exploiting this technique after the older 911 scam lost some of its charm.

Damn, I already sent him my credit card number and ID information. Hope he doesn't abuse me.

I had just talked to Ken the day before and he was on his way to Chicken AK. At the same time I was putting my girlfriend on a plane to London, wow that Ken works fast. I didn't even think they knew each other. Ken's grammer and punctuation got suddenly worse too.

Very suspicious! You knew Ken was going to be gone, and you sent your girlfriend to London to intercept the money. Is your conscience getting the better of you? Are you trying to confess? :wacko:

We promise we will give you a fair trial before we hang you. I'm sure you were just an unwilling participant, it was probably all your girlfriend's idea. :spank: Bad girlfriend!

Seriously, maybe you can have her check that address out. Wonder if it's a Mailbox etc. postal drop or something like that.

Doc

Damn, I already sent him my credit card number and ID information. Hope he doesn't abuse me.

I had just talked to Ken the day before and he was on his way to Chicken AK. At the same time I was putting my girlfriend on a plane to London, wow that Ken works fast. I didn't even think they knew each other. Ken's grammer and punctuation got suddenly worse too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spent a wonderful week in London with Steve's girlfriend and credit card. Too bad more of you didn't send money as we could have lived a little higher on the hog. Now what really happened is that I provided information to what I thought was a Yahoo security request and my e-mail account was hacked. They sent out the request for help to all in my address book. I made a dumb mistake and learned a painful lesson. As far as I know everybody was smarter than me and didn't send money.