My first nugget with the GPX5000

Well, I've spent thousand$ across the country NOT finding gold on my own with a low-end detector.

Today, thanks to Rob, Bunk & Dennis I found my first nugget:

Click on Next to see additional images.

That nug was somewhere around 12-18" down- not sure cuz I was diggin like a bulldozer.

I'm impressed with the love and support shown by the local prospecting community.

Both Rob & Bunk have repeatedly said to call anytime with questions and have put their money where their mouth is by being with me on-site to demonstrate the items they sell.

I look forward to spreading the love and seeing more of you out in the dirt! :D

Kelly

It's nothing like the first.It's one good looking nugget but have you found a big enough scales yet?My first was a one gramer and it look to me it had to be a lot lot more.

Your dealing with some great people and let the next one be soon.

Chuck Anders

THAT WOULD HAVE FOUND? Dug

Sorry who is that?

You don’t prospect, do you? Doing the hard yards on the quartz and ironstone

Up and down the gullies through the spinifex the pick in your belt two K from the car

On a hot day, avoiding the snakes, laughing at the camp fire at night with a few beers

Hoping tomorrow will be the day/ you don’t do any of that do you dug, :spank:

You don’t even own a ML MACHINE, where is the cred dug? :rolleyes:

Kelly, Congrats on the nugget! That is a nice one but now you need to find a bigger one! I have a spot in mind for you when we go to Gold Basin. I think you have many nuggets in your future! Glad we could all help you out.

Bunk

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. :)

I think that would have have found most of them with a 4000 and probably all of them with a 4500!

Maybe quite a few would have even been detectable with a VLF like the Goldmaster?

doug

Oz- I don't doubt that a different detector might have found the same nugget.

One of the factors I discussed with Rob is, due to declining health, this may be my only season.

So the resale value of the machine in 6 months or so was a consideration.

And....why not get the top-of-the-line just because.

I hope my nugget-luck spreads to you all!

kelly

Way to go. Good think you didn't get a piece much bigger it would not have fit in your nugget stash. Congratulations, that is a great way to start, you probably lowered the cost of your detector $600 with that find.

Doc

Way to go. Good think you didn't get a piece much bigger it would not have fit in your nugget stash.

Doc

Ya noticed I also was wearing my lucky Doc hat ;)

Today I spent an hour in Prescott Forest without it and only found THIS

The quarter is out of pocket to show the size of that little wire.

great job NK how deep was your nugget? What a great find and dont mind what some people say the 5000 is the best every little bit helps even an inch! if i could afford it you bet i would have a 5000 too it always takes me about a year after one comes out to upgrade and every model ive had has been a great improvement never give up Justin :)

I think that would have have found most of them with a 4000 and probably all of them with a 4500!

Maybe quite a few would have even been detectable with a VLF like the Goldmaster?

doug

Only Duggly-do-no-prospecting-in-Oz could possibly find a negative in a positive story.

Shows that his anti Minelab bias has no bounds.

Forum troll and hyperlink queen extraordinaire.

Regards to all,

Rick

Great story, very encouraging to a greenhorn...

i have a meteorite, but i could use more,,now i want that first nugget too, and i will have it before the month is out, God willing!

paul

Archived